Thursday 24 January 2013

Staedtler Tradition 3B

The Staedtler tradition, let's face it, it is not a Norris is it, but nevertheless the Dennis the Menace of the pencil world does have its pluses. This 3B is a work horse of a pencil. I found it over Christmas and it has been battered around in my bag, dropped and generally abused but it still looks and draws like I got it out the pack yesterday, I am not sure what wood they use, but what ever it is, is good. As a general pencil this works for me, I can't really use it for tonal work as it doesn't really have the consistency over larger areas, but for detail or sketching its fine. I find it doesn't like being sharpened to a fine point and the first couple of millimeter's sort of crumbles off, which can lead to that really annoying double line thing, but now I am being picky.

No comments: