Friday 5 October 2012

Double standards

Ok so in the last post I wrote that I don't like pencils made from bad wood, but I realised I had made an exception to this rule for the Crayola PRO 6B. Now this is where pencil aficionados and me part ways as many will think that the Crayola PRO 6B is a child's pencil and has no place in a blog about pencils but I have had this particular pencil for many years, I think my gran gave me a box, when indeed I was a child and all have been thrown away, discarded for others to pick up, broken or lost, except this one. The main problem being that the pencil cannot be sharpened easily and therefore is a massive pain, this said it is a great pencil to draw with and has a lovely dark velvety texture that I cannot resist. It is such a good pencil to have at hand when you are out drawing because of the ease of laying down big areas of tone, but still with the ability to define areas after. So sorry for having double standards and sorry for liking a pencil made by a manufacturer of childrens colouring ephemera.
  

No comments: